By Maria Pribis, OD, FAAO, of Stamford, Connecticut
At this stage, you can start to introduce tech-time to your child, but it’s important to stay in control of the situation.
When baby reaches the toddler stage, things can get a little tricky when it comes to limiting screen time access. If you haven’t noticed yet, you’re about to learn that your digital device is one of toddler’s favorite toys, if not her absolute favorite. Needless to say, it’s important to stay in control as a parent. At this point, you can now start to pick and choose ways to introduce toddler to the different functions of your digital device, but it’s best not to give her free reign.
Introducing meaningful tech-time
Before baby became a toddler, tech-time mostly consisted of the following:
• Baby grabbing at your digital device
• Baby demanding your digital device
• Baby screaming until she gets her way
• Baby Shark
• Occasional FaceTime chats with Grandma
• Baby throwing a fit when you take the digital device away
Click here to read more.