Luxottica Eye Care in partnership with OneSight announces the names of students selected to be part of this year’s student clinics. On clinic, OD students will work under the supervision of Luxottica Retail-affiliated doctors performing comprehensive eye exams. Students will also help support a core team of Luxottica volunteers in the frame fitting, manufacturing and dispensing of new eyewear. For the OD students selected, Luxottica Retail will cover expenses associated with the clinic, including air fare, accommodations and meals.
OneSight student clinics were paused in 2020 and 2021 due to COVID.
- MAY 2022: Students will travel to Chicago to volunteer and bring eye care to residents of the greater Chicagoland area.
- Katty Nguyen, NOVA Southeastern University, 2023
- Sarah Krauss, Pacific University, 2023
- Shiv Tamakuwala, University of the Incarnate Word, 2023
- Emmanuel Gbolabo, University of Houston, 2024 (alternate)
- Nicole Chau, University of Waterloo, 2022 (alternate)
- JUNE 2022: Students will travel to the La Posta Reservation (CA) to help members of the La Posta Band of Diegueño Mission Indians. The reservation is located 56 miles east of San Diego.
- Olivia Burger, Salus University, 2022
- Geneva Nguyen, University of California Berkeley, 2024
- Blaze Sammon, Michigan College of Optometry, 2022
- Anastasiya Zagurskaya. Salus University, 2022 (alternate)
- Nicholas Bantz, Indiana University, 2024 (alternate)
OneSight is a leading global nonprofit dedicated to creating a world where lack of access to vision care is no longer a barrier to human achievement and potential. From one-week charitable clinics to long-term self-sustaining vision centers, OneSight delivers quality eye exams and glasses to underserved populations globally. In 33 years, OneSight has served 10 million people in 50+ countries and has provided permanent vision care access to more than 42 million people. Visit www.onesight.org.