• Arizona College of Optometry, Midwestern University: Megan Horter, OD, of Grafton, North Dakota, will start a residency in primary eye care/brain injury and low vision rehabilitation at the Minneapolis Veterans Affairs (VA) Healthcare System.
• Indiana University (IU) School of Optometry: Mary Marte, OD, of Vincennes, Indiana, is staying at IU to complete an ocular disease residency starting in June.
• Inter American University of Puerto Rico School of Optometry: Kevin Tom, OD, of Salinas, California, plans to practice in northern California.
• Kentucky College of Optometry: Shelby Henderson, OD, of Lexington, Kentucky, will join EyeMax, a multilocation private practice in Lexington, Kentucky.
• Michigan College of Optometry, Ferris State University: Mary E. Stoll, OD, of Kent City, Michigan, will complete an ocular disease residency at the Battle Creek VA Medical Center
• New England College of Optometry: Pamela Nardella, OD, of Avon, Connecticut, will work at Groton Eye Center, a private practice in Groton, Connecticut.
• Northeastern State University Oklahoma College of Optometry: Neil Tadrick Hecker, OD, of Stillwater, Oklahoma, will begin an ocular disease residency at the Tulsa VAMC.
• Nova Southeastern University—College of Optometry: Thuy Nguyen, OD, born in Vietnam and raised in Fort Myers, Florida, will practice in Vero Beach, Florida.
• The Ohio State University College of Optometry: Jacob Brown, OD, of Mansfield, Ohio, will complete a residency program focused in binocular vision and vision therapy at a private practice, EyeCare Professionals, in Trenton, New Jersey.
• Pacific University College of Optometry: Nadine Odermatt, OD, of Kelowna, British Columbia, will start her career at a private practice in her hometown, providing comprehensive eye care with a focus on ocular disease management, specialty
contact lenses and dry eye solutions.
• Rosenberg School of Optometry, University of the Incarnate Word: Patrick Alan Clark, OD, of Rio Grande City, Texas, will complete a residency in Waco, Texas.
• Salus University Pennsylvania College of Optometry: (Traditional Program) Brendan Connors, OD, of Canton, Ohio, will start his career at Hazleton Eye Specialists, a medical-based group practice located in Northeast Pennsylvania. (Accelerated Scholars Program) Matthew Eernisse, OD, of Russell, Pennsylvania, will join the team at Community Eye Care Specialists in Warren, Pennsylvania.
• Southern California College of Optometry at Marshall B. Ketchum University recognized four class of 2020 valedictorians. Abby Thrasher Alexander, OD, of Colorado Springs, Colorado, will complete a residency in primary care/low vision rehabilitation at the VA Long Beach Healthcare System. Kristanza Bronnenberg, OD, of Cody, Wyoming, will join a private practice in her hometown. Chelsey Honma, OD, of Seal Beach, California, will join an established private practice in Costa Mesa, California. Keri Thacker, OD, of Las Vegas, Nevada, will complete a residency in ocular disease at VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System.
• Southern College of Optometry: Callie Mashburn, OD, of Sweetwater, Tennessee, will complete a residency in primary care/ocular disease at the Salem VAMC in Salem, Virginia, and plans to return close to her hometown to practice.
• State University of New York College of Optometry: Nicole Mercho, OD, of Terre Haute, Indiana, will complete a primary care/ocular disease residency with the VA New York Harbor Healthcare System.
• University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Optometry: Daniel Cason, OD, of Opelika, Alabama, will complete a residency in ocular disease at the Baltimore VAMC.
• University of California, Berkeley, School of Optometry: Kalina Grimm, OD, of San Ramon, California, plans to complete a residency in primary care and ocular disease at the San Francisco VAMC.
• University of Houston College of Optometry: Ashley Nguyen, OD, of Lake Jackson, Texas, plans to work in a private practice in the Houston, Texas, area while she finishes her master’s in physiological optics and vision science.
• University of Missouri, St. Louis, College of Optometry: Kelly Deering, OD, of Buckner, Missouri, will join the team at Premier Eyecare Associates this summer, where she will serve the rural communities of north central Missouri.
• University of Montreal School of Optometry: Alexandra Sohet, OD, of Saguenay, Québec, looks forward to returning to provide eye care at a private practice in her hometown.
• University of Waterloo School of Optometry: Ashley McMath, OD, of Cornwall, Ontario, will practice in her hometown.
• Western University of Health Sciences’ College of Optometry: Jullie Ngo, OD, of Denver, Colorado, will complete a residency in Reno, Nevada.
Notes: The top graduate for Illinois College of Optometry was undisclosed at press time. The MCPHS University School of Optometry valedictorian will be announced at the rescheduled graduation (date undetermined at press time).