When asked what they are are most looking forward to in the future, nearly all of the respondents (88 percent) to a recent Women In Optometry Pop-Up Poll stated that they had travel plans on their wish list. Respondents could select as many future activities as they wished. Among the other most popular responses, poll participants said that they are looking forward to
- attending professional meetings: 57 percent;
- spending time up-close with friends: 55 percent;
- letting their kids do things that they have not be able to: 38 percent;
- going back to the gym/yoga studio/salon: 36 percent
- and take a delayed big action such as buy a home, open an office or have a wedding: 14 percent.
Several respondents also mentioned that they were looking forward to not wearing a mask.
Respondents were taking steps towards these items with one-third of respondents stating that they were somewhere in between keeping strict protocols and being totally out there as normal. About 12 percent are still managing those tight protocols, and 10 percent said they are out there already and feeling liberated.
More than three-quarters (76 percent) of respondents are fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Another 7 percent are partially vaccinated, 5 percent plan to be in 2021 and 10 percent said no.
Seventy-nine percent of respondents were women ODs. Another 17 percent were females but not ODs.